Best Diet Ideas for 2019
Have you determined that 2019 is going to be YOUR best year ever – the year you change your eating habits for good and find the diet that works best for you? If so, you might need some help. Not only are there an almost inconceivable number of diet plans out there (many of them simply trends best left alone), but changing how you eat often requires, well, changing how you eat – buying foods you've not purchased or haven't purchased as much of before, plus a whole lot more cooking than you may be used to (or have time for!). No worries, we've got you covered. Here are our top 5 favorite diet plans out there for 2019 along with a few of our favorite Top Chef Meals for each one to get you started.
1. The DASH Diet – if you're unfamiliar with the DASH Diet, here's the low-down. First, it was created by the National Institute of Health, so it's backed by plenty of doctors & scientists. Second, DASH stands for “dietary approach to stop hypertension”. It's recommended for people wanting to lower high blood pressure, reverse diabetes, and lower their risk of heart disease. This diet focuses on fruits, vegetables, and whole-grains, with 1.5 to 2 servings of meat, poultry, or fish per week recommended, along with 3-6 servings of nuts, legumes or seeds per week . Try these Top Chef Meals to get you started:
a. Smothered Vegan Burger – made with fresh carrots, onions, green beans, oat bran, soybeans, zucchini, peas, broccoli, corn, spinach, and topped with sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions. This meal has got you covered when it comes to veggies!
b. Seared Salmon Cake – these salmon cakes are made from fresh salmon and garnished with lemon. Choose some veggies as sides to complete the meal!
c. Chocolate Chia Granola – eating well doesn't mean giving up the things you love! Our chocolate chia granola has plenty of chia & pumpkin seeds. Perfect for a daily snack!
2. The Nutritarian Diet – a newer diet, the nutritarian diet focuses on max amounts of healthy vitamins, minerals, and trace nutrients in your food. Try these Top Chef Meals to get you started:
a. Seared Salmon with Brown Butter Sauce – our seared salmon is pan-seared, then finished in the oven for a divine taste coupled with tons of protein. Pair with lots of veggies for a nutrient-packed punch!
b. Baked Tilapia with Lemon Sauce – our fresh tilapia is covered with a lemon sauce for a tart treat. Like our salmon, pair with lots of veggies!
c. Chicken Fajitas – our chicken fajitas come with onions and plenty of peppers for that perfect kick!
3. The Keto Diet – keto stands for “ketogenic” and trains your body to burn fat instead of carbs. How does it do this? By having you follow a low carb, moderate protein, and high-fat diet. Most keto diets recommend 70% of your daily calories come from fat and the rest from protein (basically try to eat as few carbs as possible). People say it helps them lose weight with less hunger than other diet plans plus gives them more energy and mental clarity. Try these Top Chef Meals to get you started:
a. Bison Burger with Sauteed Onions & Bacon – this delicious burger comes from our keto diet menu and is packed with flavor!
b. House Roasted Prime Rib With Cauliflower Florets – another from our keto diet menu! We slow roast our prime rib for more than four hours to achieve a perfect medium rare and include a smooth au jus sauce for dipping.
c. Mexican Salsa Omelet With Pork Bacon – get your day started right with a spicy kick with this choice from our keto diet menu!
4. The Primal Blueprint Diet – this diet is similar to the Paleo diet in that it takes a more historical approach to eating. It ditches grain, sugars, and processed foods while focusing on clean eating with plenty of protein (both animal- and plant-based), lots of vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. Try these Top Chef Meals to get you started:
a. Lemon Ginger Turkey Meatballs – these all natural turkey meatballs are made with paleo breadcrumbs and a fresh lemon ginger sauce.
b. Loin of Pork with Apple Gravy – roasted pork loin in a paleo apple gravy makes the perfect winter meal!
c. Pecan Crusted Chicken – our crushed pecan paleo crust makes this chicken absolutely magnificent.
5. The Flexitarian Diet – having trouble choosing between diet plans? Sometimes it's hard to decide whether you want (or can) do - a low-carb diet or an all-veggie plan – so why not try a more moderate approach, a bit more of a mix? Flexitarian stands for “flexible vegetarian” and involves a healthy balance of plant-based foods, responsibly sourced meats, and quality fats. It's not super restrictive so it's also a good plan if you're just starting out on your healthy eating journey. Try these meals to get you started:
a. Grilled Balsamic Tofu – Tofu is an excellent source of protein for both vegetarians and meat eaters alike and a high-protein alternative to red meat.
b. Three Bean Vegan Chili - Garbanzo, black and kidney beans are blended with simmered eggplant, squash, carrots, onions, and peppers in a cumin infused tomato sauce.
c. Open Faced Turkey Burger – with Swiss and caramelized onions, this healthier alternative to beef makes for a delicious burger.
Whatever your diet needs and food likes/dislikes, there is definitely a diet plan out there for you. No matter what diet plan you choose to go with in 2019, eating healthier doesn’t have to be a burden. So let Top Chef Meals make life easier with delicious chef-prepared meals under $10! If you need help figuring out even more meals to go along with your new healthy eating style, simply email us or give us a call!