Make Breakfast #1
Spring is in the air so you might be starting to get health-conscious in anticipation of summer and bathing suit season. One step in that process you should without a doubt consider is always, always eating breakfast. You’ve heard it said a million times but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day and there’s plenty of reason why.
When you start your day with food it kickstarts your metabolism which in turn help you to burn more calories throughout the day. That alone should convince you that breakfast is a good idea! How does consuming food in the morning turn into more calories burnt? By feeding your body, you’re letting your body know that food is available to it, whereas if you skip breakfast your body believes that food isn’t readily available and decides to conserve calories instead of burning them.
You might think that the calories you’d miss from skipping breakfast would be approximately the same amount as the calories you’d burn from eating breakfast, but while studies have shown that people who skip breakfast eat a few fewer calories they actually have higher BMI’s than people who eat breakfast. Other disadvantages of skipping breakfast? You’re more likely to consume snacks throughout the day (particularly unhealthy ones as you reach for whatever’s closest); you’re less likely to meet your daily fruits & veggies quota, and you’re more likely to be overweight. Skipping breakfast is sounding less and less appealing, huh?
Are there other advantages to eating breakfast besides burning more calories during the day? Of course! Benefits include consuming less fat throughout the day, meeting your daily recs for calcium & fiber, and having better memory & focus during the day. The benefits far outweigh the few calories you’d miss out on from not eating breakfast!
Eating a balanced breakfast is just as important as eating breakfast in the first place. What constitutes a balanced breakfast? For starters, the meal should total 300-400 calories. Ideally, it should consist of 1-2 servings of whole grains, 3 ounces of protein, 1 serving of low-fat dairy, and 1 serving of fruits or veggies.
We know breakfast can be a hard meal to eat because mornings are rushed and super busy which is why we’ve put together a great menu of breakfast items you can choose from. Our meals make breakfast quick, easy, and delicious, so you’ll never have an excuse to miss it again! Take a look at a sampling of our delicious morning meals, then check out our site to see what works best for you.
1. Mexican Salsa Omelet - an omelet with salsa with your favorite side.
2. Spinach Quiche - go a bit fancier than just an omelet.
3. 7 Grain French Toast - Cinnamon swirled French Toast made with Vanilla, fresh Eggs and rice milk. Served with a side of Sugarman™ Pure Maple Syrup Blend.
4. Baked Egg White Omelet - go healthy with an egg white only omelet.
If you’re on a low-carb diet we have breakfasts just for that as well.
1. Baked Chorizo Sausage Omelet - chorizo, eggs, and your choice of protein side.
2. Mushroom Omelet - mushrooms, eggs, and your choice of protein side.
3. Sliced Flank Steak & Eggs - steak, eggs, and your choice of protein side.
4. Spinach & Prosciutto Omelet - spinach, prosciutto, and your choice of protein side.
And if you find yourself in such a rush, you really just can’t find the time to grab a meal, we can prepare you for that too.
1. Blueberry Banana Protein Smoothie - Packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries and a banana, gluten & dairy free!
2. Coffee Almond Protein Smoothie - Our unique delicious protein packed smoothie is also made with almond butter and flax meal making it rich and satisfying. 40 grams of protein, gluten & dairy free!
3. Vanilla Protein Smoothie - Made with chia seeds which are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium. 20 grams of protein & tastes like a vanilla milkshake!
No matter what your breakfast needs are, Top Chef has got you covered. So, enjoy the most important meal of the day and we’ll see you on the healthy side!