Make Mom Smile With These Foodie Gifts!
Mother's Day is almost upon us – what gift will you give mom this year? If your mother is a bit food-obsessed (like us!), we've found a few unique, totally inexpensive (but still luxurious) gifts that Mom will definitely love! Take a look at our Mother's Day gift guide, then add your own ideas. Most importantly, have fun and celebrate all the hard work and wonderful things moms do!
1. Mother's Day Strawberries - Here's a sweet idea: give chocolate-covered fruit a signature look. Add a personal message for mom with bright red strawberries and a little melted chocolate.
2. Heart-Glazed Cornmeal Cookies - No one makes cookies like mom, but this Martha Stewart recipe should get her happy approval. These are super-easy to make: use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to press into each cookie round to create an impression. After baking, the hearts are spread with a pink glaze.
3. Hand-rolled Pasta - Dish up hand-rolled pasta as a Mother's Day gift and she may never go back to dried pasta in a box!
4. Peanut Butter & Jelly Fudge - Consider this payback for all those PB&J sandwiches she packed for your school lunches! These easy-to-make bites give the peanut butter-and-jelly combo a grownup sophistication.
5. Citrus Zest Lollipops – Even adults love lollipops! So get a load of these! Each gets its bright color and burst of flavor from the zest of lemon, lime, or pink grapefruit.
1. Juliska Footed Soup Bowl - Make mom's day with this footed soup bowl from Portuguese home-ware brand Juliska that looks like it's fit for European royalty!
2. Gourmet Salt Selection - Add a little gourmet flair to your mom's cooking with salts infused with herbs and spices! (This is a buy OR make, whichever you're in the mood for!)
3. Wine Basket - A Mother's Day gift of her favorite libation(s) is like a toast to motherhood.
4. Gold Olive Oil - We all know about the health and beauty benefits of extra virgin olive oil—and now you can get fancy with this olive oil made from Peranzana olives and containing real 18-kt. gold flakes!
5. Demeter Perfume – Mom loves the smell of a certain food? Check out Demeter which makes perfumes that range from Chocolate Chip to Tomato (yes, really)! (Found on Amazon )
There are SO many great things to do for Mom on Mother's Day that involve food (in fact, our last newsletter had some fabulous recipes just for the occasion!) and it really depends on how much money and/or time you want to spend on finding or making the perfect Mother's Day gift. If you have some great food-related gift ideas, share them with us over at Facebook and on Twitter – we'd love to hear from you! And don't forget that a gift certificate for Top Chef Meals is yet another perfect foodie gift you can utilize this Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day, moms!