RESTORE & REFOCUS
Life is slowly, but surely, starting to return to normal after the past few months of quarantine and social distancing. Now is the time to work on restoring & refocusing yourself to take on a return to normality.
THE STORY: After a few months of working and living at home without much social contact, you might be thrown a bit off-kilter as some states start to slowly re-open businesses and try to get back to a normal way of life. Getting yourself back to normal is just as important. Here’s what to focus on as the world shifts again.
RESTORE & REFOCUS: Things to do & remember as the world gets its groove back:
1. Routine - Hopefully you’ve been following some sort of routine the past few months, but now it’s time to get back into your regularly scheduled programming. This means going to bed and waking up at similar times, eating healthy meals on a regular basis, and making time for things you enjoy.
2. Reduce stress - The news is full of scary info right now and obsessively checking what the latest is, isn’t good for your stress levels. Limit the amount of news you’re consuming to just once or twice a day and you’ll feel much better!
3. Let good habits linger - One thing COVID-19 has shown the world is the importance of personal and public hygiene. From regular handwashing with soap for at least 20 seconds to being aware of the people around us to facemasks, let the habits you’ve developed that will help your personal (and the public) health stick around.
4. Exercise regularly - Maybe with the extra time you’ve had on your hands you’ve started walking daily or lifting weights or decided to take up dancing via YouTube videos (and if not, now is definitely the time to get this habit started). Exercising for just 20 minutes a day reduces stress and improves your overall health. This is one normal you need in your life.
5. Practice mindfulness - It’s easier to be in the moment when you have fewer things demanding your attention, like now. But focusing on what’s currently going on rather than constantly stressing what comes next is a good practice. Take time to pause, take a breath, and refocus on what’s in front of you!
THE WRAP-UP: It might take a little bit of time for the world to go back to its pre-COVID days, so start restoring yourself and refocusing your energy on what’s important now. Exercise, sleep well, keep up good hygiene habits, focus on yourself and what’s immediately around you, and as always eat well and you’ll be on track for a return to normal.