Why does it seem like everyone is crazy about mug cakes, mug brownies, mug pies, and just about every other dessert in a mug these days? Well, as with everything else that fills our overpacked lives these days, it's all about convenience. So besides using your mug as the keeper of the sacred magic known as coffee, you can also use these sometimes silly and wittily decorated cups to make your favorite desserts in mere minutes! It turns out that the ambitious mug is one of the best kitchen tools ever and happens to be the perfect vessel for creating desserts, quickly, without a lot of fuss or muss.
Here are a few of the fabulous (and fabulously simple) mug desserts you can make in the microwave in a matter of minutes. Bon appétit!
1. The Five Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug - A Mother's Day Favorite
2. Nutella Mug Cake – You had us at Nutella!
3. Pumpkin Cake – For the pumpkin lover
4. Gooey Chocolate Cake – 55 seconds + 3 ingredients = LOVE
5. Lemon Love Cake - Bright citrus flavors and ready in seconds
6. Strawberries & Cream Cake – Light, fruity, and oh-so-good
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake – A classic fave
1. Gluten-free Brownie – So good, you won't even miss the gluten!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie – Yes, please!
3. Strawberry Pie – Perfect for the warm weather coming up
4. Red Velvet Cookie – Otherwise known as perfection in a mug
5. Berry Cobbler – So good you may never eat the real thing again
Mug desserts are a great and simple way to satisfy your sweet tooth without a lot of effort. Try out these recipes, then let us know which is your favorite (if you can choose just one that is)!