Top 5 Prepared Food Delivery Services
Eating well can be challenging. Luckily, meal delivery services can help!
THE STORY: Healthy eating can be difficult to commit to, but the advent of meal delivery services has made things easier. Now you can have healthy prepared meals delivered straight to your door no matter your needs. But how to figure out which prepared meal delivery service is best for you? We’ve rounded up the top 5 frozen prepared meal delivery services (vs the services that provide ingredients and recipes). Take a look at the list below to figure out which service meets your needs best!
WHICH SERVICE IS BEST FOR YOU? While several delivery services are serving up prepared meals, these are the top five out there, in no particular order.
1. Freshly: Freshly covers a range of needs with gluten-free, low-cal, low-carb, dairy-free, and vegetarian meals. While freshly made, meals are refrigerated, NOT frozen to be delivered to your door. Options include a 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12-meal plan ranging between $8.49-$11.49/meal - ships to the contiguous U.S.
2. Factor_: Factor_ offers ketogenic, paleo, vegetarian, high-protein, low carb, low calorie, and plant-based meals. They also offer add-ons such as juices and snacks. Their fresh-made meals are refrigerated but not frozen for delivery to all 48 contiguous states. Options for meal plans include 6, 8, and 12 meals a week with meal prices between $7.83-$9.00.
3. Snap Kitchen: Snap Kitchen offers clean eating via prepared meals containing no gluten, soy, artificial preservatives, added hormones, & artificial sweeteners. Their meals are shipped fresh, never frozen, and are delivered to most states (they are currently expanding to the mid-west and west coast). Options for ordering include a 6-meal plan at $10.50/meal and a 12-meal plan at $12.67/meal.
4. Top Chef Meals: Top Chef Meals is known for our meals made fresh-to-order created with locally sourced ingredients. Our meals are free of all preservatives, antibiotics, chemicals, and trans fat, so that you can eat clean. We also offer a far wider variety of meals than most meal delivery services. Our 70+ entrees and 300+ side combos include low-carb, paleo, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-fat, and low-sodium options. We’ve also created meal packages specifically for diabetics and people on dialysis/having trouble with their kidneys. We also offer easy order packages for all meals, whether you just want to give us a try, love seafood, are looking for comfort foods, and more. Plus, we offer a kids’ menu with healthy versions of favorites such as mac’n’cheese and mini-pizzas. All of our meals are flash-frozen the night before delivery, so they’re safe for the journey to your home - all you have to do is reheat! Top Chef meals average around $8.50/meal (items from our gourmet collection are more), with a minimum order being $55. We also offer two discounts - 15% for seniors registered on our site and 5% based on the number of meals ordered (not to be combined with senior discount). Ships nationwide.
5. Veestro: Veestro is known for its organic vegan meals. With the goal of upping the amount of plants you eat, they include high-protein, gluten-free and kosher meals. Meals are made fresh, then frozen to be delivered. You’ll order 10-30 meals depending on whether you’re ordering from their A La Carte Plan or Weight Loss Plan, with prices varying from $10-$12/meal. Shipped to the contiguous U.S.
THE ROUND-UP: Whether you’re looking for gluten-free meal delivery, the best paleo meal delivery, or something else entirely different, there’s a premade meal delivery service out there that will suit your needs. When it comes to chef-prepared meals, Top Chef Meals offers the widest variety, so be sure to include us in your search. And happy eating!