Ways to Jazz Up Your Top Chef Omelets
Omelets are one of the most amazing meals around – you just really can't go wrong with eggs! And while they're good, plain and simple, sometimes we prefer to jazz ours up. We feature many different omelets on our menu from the good 'ole cheese omelet to our Mexican salsa omelet. There's always room for improvement though, so here are a few condiments that will upgrade your Top Chef omelets and take them to the next level!
1. Sriracha – You've probably seen this EVERYWHERE – from potato chips to cashews and everything in between. Otherwise known as “rooster sauce”, sriracha will add a spicy kick to your omelet that's out of this world. (It's our fave!) Also, some suggest that the chili peppers in sriracha can boost your metabolism, endorphins, mood and memory.
2. Ketchup – Simple but effective, ketchup and eggs are a classic! Plus, ketchup is a source of lycopene, an antioxidant which may help prevent some forms of cancer. Eat up!
3. Pesto – Give your omelet an Italian flavor with pesto! Packed with basil and garlic, pesto passes the healthy test, especially since it’s made mostly from healthy fats like olive oil and pine nuts.
4. Soy Sauce - If you’re looking to add a bit of that elusive, umami savoriness to your eggs, look no further than soy sauce. A study by the National University of Singapore showed that Chinese dark soy sauce contains 10 times the antioxidants of red wine, and can help prevent cardiovascular diseases. Just make sure you're reaching for the low-sodium version!
5. Harissa – Spicier than ketchup and thicker than sriracha (it’s more of a paste than a sauce), harissa is a rich and flavorful addition to your omelets. It’s usually made from hot peppers, olive oil, garlic, and spices, and some brands are flavored with mint, cumin, or tomatoes.
6. Marinara Sauce - If you’re really looking for a hearty breakfast, try adding marinara sauce on top of your omelets! Marinara is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, potassium and copper, and a very good source of niacin.
7. Hummus - It doesn’t get simpler than hummus. they’re a blend of heart-loving olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon, and offer some protein and fiber. And don't forget delicious!
There you have it! Now go jazz up those Top Chef omelets, then drop by our Facebook page and let us know which ones you tried and which ended up being your favorite. And when it's time to re-order, visit us HERE or give us a call at (800) 616-8044. Bon appétit!